Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sugata Mitra

I am very excited to see this Ted talk. My husband was telling me about it. The language acquisition is exciting. I want to show it to my two friends who are a GLAD and SIOP trainers.

It makes me think about the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation. I was always annoyed that their main funding goes to allow internet connection in rural areas, and now I can see what a benefit it is to those areas.

I think I might show this at our meeting to create our district technology plan.

1 comment:

Todd Frimoth said...

Sorry I didn't comment on this before...

I'll be interested in what your SIOP trainers think of this. It is a remarkable story, despite the deep concerns of the extreme poverty that surrounds it. Can technology be the answer? What if we flooded rural India with kiosks like this all over India? I think the results would be fascinating!